Due to the COVID pandemic, many buyers emerged into the medical and healthcare field and wanted to get some business for epidemic prevention products. The market suddenly becomes a mess and always heard scams or traps in it. However, YOU, as a buyer, or distributor, or supplier of medical products, do you really know the product you’re selling? Like nonwoven isolation gown? Surgical gown? Do you know any tricks people may use in this product?
As a supplier of medical consumables, especially for nonwoven products, I’d like to share some SECRETS that we don’t want customers to know about nonwoven gowns.
Now let’s imagine that you received few pieces of samples of nonwoven gowns from a manufacturer, do you know how to check the sample? Despite there’re several institutions to assist in the inspection of the nonwoven products, it takes some time to get the final report, so what else you can check roughly by yourself when you received the sample? Or how to check the product is qualified by yourself in few minutes?
We all know that when discussing with manufacturers, they will ask about grams and sizes of the product. Here the GRAMS means grams per square meter for the fabric. Normally the gown is made of nonwoven fabric, if it’s PP material, the gram of the PP fabric normally ranges from 23-35gsm, for gowns. If it’s SMS material, the gram normally ranges from 35-65gsm.
SECRET!!!! How to check the grams per square meter?
- The simplest way is to ask for samples from the manufacturer before you confirm the orders. And you can submit the samples to a professional institution to check the sample’s gram and the weight of a single piece of the gown, once qualified, then tell the manufacturer that you confirmed the sample and the massive order products shall keep exactly the same with the sample you received. Meanwhile, record down the gsm and the weight of a single piece of the sample, so that you can check when you receive massive order products by yourself.
- To weigh the grams of square meter for non woven fabric, we need a gsm cutter and scale like below:a, Firstly, use gsm cutter (left green one) to cut a round circular piece of the fabric, which is one square meter.b, Then, put the round piece of fabric on the scale (right one, better be accurate to two decimal places) to weigh the gram
c, Record the gram on the scale and repeat the above steps three or five more times.
- Tips: When cutting the fabric, you could choose different parts from the gown, like sleeves, the upper side of the front piece, the downward of the back piece, etc. Choose as many places as possible from the gown, because the production of the nonwoven fabric may result in different gsm errors. The more grams we checked, the final average statics we got will be more accurate.
Most inquiries we meet only require the length and width of the gown, seldom customers required the detailed size like the length of sleeves, ties, cuffs, etc. To get the perfect product we want, we need to specify those details as much as we can, this requires us to understand the product itself.
SECRET!!!! How to specify the details of the gown?
- The simplest way is to give the manufacturer the product you want as the sample, ask the manufacturer to produce the exactly same size of the sample for your check. Once approved, you will check massive order products with the sample you approved.
- Here is a picture of the specifications for the gown, just for reference. Every manufacturer has its own technical document for the product, mentioning the detailed sizes with tolerance, just like below. As you can see, the details include shoulder, sleeve, cuff, neckline, loop or velcro hook, etc.
- Tips: The more specific details you required, the more accurate product the manufacturer will provide. Also, your special requirements will be highlighted in the operation instruction for the workshop, well, if the manufacturer is responsible.
Hope this will help you guys to find that perfect cooperate partner in your business and no more scams or traps in this market.